Have you thought of investing in your marketing? What types of e-commerce businesses should invest in paid search? Will this work for your business?
See if this marketing strategy works for you with this article.
What Is Paid Search?
Paid search is when you pay when you are searched. This is a way of marketing your website and your products. It could go in different ways.
Your website could appear along with the sponsored listings. Or of a partner site.
- Pay per click- this works each time your ad is hit by the click button. And you pay.
- Pay per call- when phone contact is made
- When your ad is on display
Why Invest in Paid Search?
Simply put, this will rank your website on top of the search results. Being on top of the results means more traffic to your site. In return, more traffic could lead to more sales.
However, being on top has two ways. You can either choose to pay to be on top. Or you can do the organic search results.
Overall, it is a fast way to market your page. Especially, if you’re on e-commerce. You sure can market your products more.
Types Of Businesses
So what types of e-commerce businesses should invest in paid search? Let us consider some business characteristics. See if these characteristics fit your business. Because if so, you might want to invest in paid search. Thus, this could lead to more sales.
1. Long-Term Customer Value
Are you doing business with potential long-term clients? What type of businesses could these be?
- Medical professionals. Consider when a doctor or a dentist gets a new client. This client could be the doctor’s lifetime client. Moreover, this client can even refer to more clients.
This could mean thousands of dollars in a single client. And, to more fold of profit for the referrals.
Thus, paid marketing pays off.
- Service Providers. We usually stick with one service provider. For example, we go for one cable, phone, and internet service provider. These types of businesses also have potential lifetime clients.
2. Difficult To Find Products
If you are selling products that are rare and unique. Paid search advertising might work for you.
Because we tend to google stuff we are not familiar with. We cannot easily find them in stores. So, what we do is search for them online.
Thus, having your product surely on top aids a lot.
3. High Profit On A Single Transaction
For example, you are offering legal services. You can earn lots of dollars in a single lawsuit. Paying for ads can work for you.
Another, if you sell home appliances. Because people today search first before buying. Thus, catching a client’s attention firsthand online is a big catch.
4. Seasonal Value
Do you know that the 1-800-Flowers do this to increase their traffic? Their e-commerce platform spent more than 30 million USD for ads in 2018.
However, people do not buy flowers all the time. But when they need a florist in an instant, searching online helps. And often, we tend to click on the first search result. Especially, when we are in the rush of purchasing them.