Plant recognition by picture. Is this possible? Yes, with the help of plant recognition apps.
With these, you can possibly identify the plants anywhere. So, what are these apps?
Let’s find out more in this article.
Have you seen a flower and keep wondering what kind of plant that was?
Thankfully, some apps offer to show the names of such flowers and plants you discover. All you need to do is point your camera to them to have the result.
Some of the apps were too effective. The same as Microsoft’s Bing as well as Google Lens.
In relation to the recognition of plants and flowers, goods can be defined by these apps. As well as books and places.
Below is how to use Bing as well as Google Lens to identify flowers. We’ll as well bring you some of the plant recognition applications to try out.
Plant Recognition By Picture: Lists Of Apps
Recognize Plants Using Google Lens
Google Lens is usable as just a stand-alone application for Android devices. Besides that, iPhone owners are having Google Lens packed as one of Google Photos software.
That devoted Google Lens is much easier to use. Once you launch the app, the whole phone screen is becoming a camera lens.
Steps to use it to recognize a plant with a picture:
- If you want to take a photo of an object touch the screen.
- After you take an image, Google Lens will show one of the key results for that object. Followed by a photo, a collection of related contents, and similar photos.
- Tapping the top picture will lead you to a Google search results page with a definition of such a plant.
In reality, the Bing phone app is useful for defining plants. You’ll see a big search button with a camera if you launch this first. There is also a micro button nearby.
Using Bing as a plant identifier:
- Touch the camera icon to enable the camera search option.
- Point your camera to a plant or object you would like to recognize. Take a snapshot of this. If you want, you could also take a picture of your camera roll.
- Bing scans the picture after you take a snapshot. And send you three potential search results. As well as the related videos. It will show related images as well.
PictureThis was a Plant Identification App with both premium and free options. It’s amongst the most recognition apps available, and with a valid cause.
Simple to use and user friendly. As well as getting great search results.
Also during the trial, this app showed that it was able to recognize the plants for each picture you shot. It has also helped to see what kind of plant that was.
Plant Identification of ++
One other plant recognizing app is Plant Identification ++. It was free for use with an optional premium membership
The free edition also works great, though. If all you’re looking for is to recognize plants easily and quickly.
Take a photo of a plant if you start the camera. Or even from your photo album pick up an image.
Once you’ve taken a photo, the app scans its file and starts pulling out possible outcomes.